Grades & Methodology

Yesterday I received my grade for my dissertation hand-in from December, and I am thrilled to have achieved 71% for it, which equates to a first class piece of work. I have already begun working on the feedback I received in order to make improvements to my literature review and I have a meeting scheduled with my tutor next week to discuss my feedback and the progress I have made over Christmas.

In the mean time I am busy creating my interview questions and questionnaire. Designing a questionnaire is a lot harder than it sounds! The questions must be worded correctly, open ended and closed questions should be included etc. etc. – there’s a lot to think about! My ethics forms have also been approved by the university, so I have the all clear to begin my research when I’m ready. I am currently advertising for engaged couples to participate in my work at a local bridal boutique in my village. I have 2 definite couples so far, and 3 that are possibilities. Fingers crossed I can gather 10 couples to interview for my research.